St. Francis of Assisi Council was chartered on June 10th, 1999 through the efforts of Msgr. Duesman, Charlie Walter, Bob Buchheit and Larry Volz and is named after our local Church. The St. Francis of Assisi Council works closely with the St. Francis Parish, members being active participants in their Parish, Frisco community by providing funds and labor for various projects. We have accomplished a lot, since our inception and have been recognized by State and Supreme with multiple awards. The quality of our council is reflected in our Hall of Fame and through our Ring of Honor.
In addition to our active Knights Council, a Ladies Auxiliary unit was formed in the summer of 2001 to help us with our Volunteer activities. For the youth of our parish, a Squires Circle for Catholic boys between the ages of 10 and 18 was formed on August 21, 2010, and a Squire Roses Circle was formed in 2013 for Catholic girls aged 10-18. Our Squires Circle was recognized in 2015 for being the largest, most active Circle in the entire district!
Our council meets twice each month:
- Our general meeting is held on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7:00pm in the Parish Hall
- Our Officer’s meeting is held every 4th Thursday of the month, also at 7:00pm
- Our Spanish Round Table meeting is held every 3rd Sunday of the month at 2:30pm
How do I join?
Joining the Knights of Columbus is really easy! There are a very few criteria that you must meet in order to become a Knight:
- You must be a male, 18 years or older
- You must be a Practical Catholic, which means you accept the teaching authority of the Catholic Church on matters of faith and morals, aspire to live in accord with the precepts of the Catholic Church, and are in good standing in the Catholic Church.
If you feel like you meet these requirements, and are interested in joining our Council, visit our Join Us! page, fill out the contact form, and we’ll help you get registered! If you have additional questions, please consult the Prospective Member Q&A at the main Knights of Columbus site.
Here is a list of our Council Officers for Fraternal Year 2016
|Grand Knight||Andrew Smith|
|Financial Secretary||Chris Koenig|
|Deputy Grand Knight||Mark Johnson|
|Inside Guard||Don Dyson|
|Outside Guard||Pat Taylor|
|One Year Trustee||Sean Mc Carthy|
|Two Year Trustee||Bill Minor|
|Three Year Trustee||Alex Orta|